Saturday, January 21, 2017

Hollywood: The Land of Bonehead Actors and Lousy Screenwriters

My husband was watching the movie "The Martian" and I happened to catch a little of the dialog, which was, "In the face of overwhelming odds, I'm left with only one option: I'm gonna have to science the shit out of this."  I wouldn't be surprised if NASA scientists and the ghost of Carl Sagan weren't collectively cringing after hearing this horrible drivel.  Do they think this is clever writing, or are they just too damn lazy to write something good?  Why don't they just have the actors say, "Yada yada yada, rocket propulsion, blah blah blah, Mars, something, something, science..."  I've said it before:  I think Hollywood should just give up all pretense and film one of their over-paid, self-important "actors" to sit on a toilet for 2 hours.  It couldn't be any worse than this movie or most of the other garbage they keep churning out in order to separate us peasants from our hard-earned money.

No comments:

Post a Comment